Miscellaneous Passport Services Consular Services

Miscellaneous Passport Services

Applicants for Miscellaneous passport services are required to fill out a necessary form for Miscellaneous Services Application Form EA(P)-2 and submit their passports along with photocopies of their Residence Permit/Identity Card or any other proof of their lawful residence in the jurisdiction of the Embassy. Fee should be paid as per Fees for Passport services.

Change of name

 The following documents need to be submitted with the application for change of name, depending on the circumstances, as given below: 

1. Complete/Substantial Name Change

  1. Prescribed Change in Name Deed Poll/Sworn Affidavit
  2. Original newspaper cuttings announcing the change of name published in two leading daily newspapers – one popular daily newspaper in the areas of the applicant's present address and another at his permanent address. 

2. Following Marriage, Divorce or Remarriage

A woman applying for the first time in her married name or for a change of name/surname in existing passport after marriage, must furnish: 

  1. Attested copy of marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages.or A notarized joint photo affidavit signed by both husband and wife
  2. Photocopy of the husband's passport, if any;
  3. Change in Name Deed Poll or Sworn Affidavit regarding change of name. The deed poll is not required for substitution of maiden surname with surname of husband.


Divorcees/Widow(er) applying for change of name must furnish: 

  1. Certified copy of Divorce Decree/Court order
  2. In case change of name following death of spouse, copy of Death Certificate of spouse.
  3. Change in Name Deed Poll or Sworn Affidavit regarding change of name

4.Remarried Applicants Applying for Change of Name/Spouse Name

  1. Documents as applicable at Para 3 above; 
  2. Attested copy of marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriages or a Joint photo affixed affidavit signed by both husband and wife;
  3. Photocopy of passport, if any, of the present spouse

5.Married Woman Wishing to Revert to Maiden Name When Not Divorced or Widowed.

 The same procedure for complete/substantial name change at Para 1 above In case of name changes, application for issue of a fresh passport should be submitted in accordance with the guidelines for Renewal/Reissue of Passports. 

Change in Appearance : This facility can be utilized in cases where there is a significant difference in the appearance of the applicant in the passport (infant/child). Process for issue of a new passport booklet is to be followed in this case. For the affidavit to be filled by applicant. 

Change of Date of Birth/Place of Birth Application for change in date of birth/place of birth is entertained only when it is accompanied by a Court Order to this effect issued by a Judicial Officer not below the rank of First Class Magistrate in India. Process for the issue of a new passport booklet is to be followed for change of Date of Birth/Place of Birth. 

Short Validity Passport /Extension of Short Validity : In real emergencies, a hand written Short Validity Passport can be issued by the Embassy. However, before applying for the same, the applicant should ensure that hand written passports are acceptable to the country he is expected to visit. For fee payable, please visit Fee Schedule under Consular link. Revalidation of Short Validity Passports by handwritten/printed endorsement is not permitted. On expiry of SHORT VALIDITY PASSPORTS a fresh passport booklet needs to be issued or in case any change in the particulars of data page. A fresh passport will be issued only on receipt of clearance from the original passport issuing authority, and if the Embassy is otherwise satisfied about other aspects of the case. Applicants should make enquiries only after 30 days from the date of submission of the application. 

Emergency Travel Document : An Emergency Certificate (one-way travel document) which authorizes an Indian citizen to enter India is issued to individuals who have lost their passports or their passports have been stolen or damaged and to whom new passports cannot be issued. This document is issued primarily with the objective of ensuring the applicant's return to India in an emergency. Applicants should fill in the application form as prescribed for a new passport and come for personal interview. For fee, please visit Fee Schedule. 

ECNR/ECR Deletion : All persons possessing educational qualification of matriculation and above are eligible for non-ECR passports. Minor children, persons over the age of 50 years, income tax payers, etc are also eligible for non-ECR passports. A passport which does not contain an ECR stamp is a non-ECR passport. An ECR Passport holder can apply for deletion of ECR when they become eligible for non-ECR passport.

Go to Navigation